What am I looking for?
When I rate each page I visit, there are a few things I am looking for. I try my best to be fair and rate each page on the same basis as all the others. Here is an idea of what I'm looking at:
- First and most important: Originality. Does the page have something that no other page has? It is only links, growth charts and animated gifs? Or does it have some things that sets it apart from all the other pages out there? Be creative and original, that is what keeps people returning.
- Contents: Is it more then just images, does it have a lot of good text and information along with images? Are some of the images created by the author, for the page? Or are the images just ripped off from other pages? It's okay to use free-use images from around the Internet, but it's also nice to have some original creations. And is the page nicely organized, or am I likely to get lost? Good navigation is a must.
- Broken Images/Links: It would be good if all the images and links worked. What is the point of having a ugly broken image in the middle of the page, you worked so hard on to create?
- HTML: Does it look nice, is it pleasing to the eyes? For example: A black background and dark blue text is horrible to read and looks really bad. I'm not a fan of frames, but if the frames works well with the page, that's a plus. Too many frames in the same window can look really bad. Scripting is great to, as long as it's not annoying.
- Overall: Is it something that makes me want to bookmark it and return? Does it make me think "Wow!" when I look at it?
That is just to give you a basic idea of what I'm looking at. Since every page is different in it's own way, it entirely depends on the page it self. If you page is currently listed on my ratings page and you wish me to re-rate it, e-mail me and I'll be happy to return and give you my thoughts. Don't forget, it is only my opinion, I am not a Bandai official or anything like that. Just one woman's opinoin is all.
Oh a note on taking images from others pages: Just don't do it. Really. You will lose my respect the moment I notice it. Especially if it's something from my site or a friend's site. Just don't do it. Seriously./P>
Back to Rated Tama Links